This year, 25 producers from across Europe will take part in European Film Promotion`s (EFP) Cannes-based programme "Producers on the move" and six of them are from the Balkan countries. This programme will be held between May 19 – 22 during the Cannes International Film Festival (May 16 – 27).
In its 13th year, "Producers on the move" is again financially backed by the Media Programme of the European Union and the participating EFP member organisations. The programme helps the producers to develop more ideas, new business contacts and a co-production deal.
25 EFP member organisations have selected independently working and successful producers who already have realized joint European film projects and are on their way to becoming international players. All of them have produced successful feature films.
The Balkan producers that they will take part in EFP`s networking platform are the following:
- Alexandra Boussiou – Wrong Men (Greece), selected by the Greek Film Center
- Ales Pavlin – Perfo (Slovenia), selected by the Slovenian Film Center
- Sinisa Juricic – Nucleus Film (Croatia), selected by the Croatian Audiovisual Center
- Robert Naskov – Kino Oko Production (FYR of Macedonia), selected from the Macedonian Film Fund
- Stephan Komandarev – Argo Film (Bulgaria), selected by the Bulgarian National Film Center
- Monica Lazurean-Gorgan – 4 Proof Film (Romania), selected by Romanian Film Promotion
Some of the 2012 "Producers on the move" will be able to present their films in one of the sections of the Cannes Film Festival. Sinisa Juricic (Nukleus Film), participant from Croatia, produced the documentary "Sofia`s Last Ambulance" by Ilian Metev, which will have its world premiere in the Semaine de la Critique section.
Also, Monica Lazurean-Gorgan from Romania (4 Proof Film) will be presented with Adina Pintille`s "Touch Me Not" in Cinéfondation Atelier.
For the third time, EFP will be cooperating for "Producers on the move" with the pan-European co-production fund Eurimages.